First Aid Certification
Previously known as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid or Level 2 Workplace First Aid, Diggerman’s Provide First Aid course is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
The Provide First Aid unit of competency provides you with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other First Aiders until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene of the accident.
Diggerman Training is a Registered Training Organisation and you can be assured your training is nationally recognised. Your statement of attainment will certify that you have been trained in HLTAID003 – Provide first aid, which encompasses the contents of HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support and UETTDRRF06B – Perform rescue from a live LV panel.
Your Provide first aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current. The staff at Diggerman Training will send you a reminder detailing the date your course is due to be updated.
Our point of difference here at Diggerman Training is that we are also a large earthmoving company, which operates all over Queensland.
This means that we are part of the industry, in touch with its needs and trends.
Our extremely experienced trainers maintain their industry currency by also being part of the operational earthmoving teams.
They will use this knowledge to train you to the highest standard.
A list of topics and skills covered in Diggerman Training’s First Aid comprehensive course is as below:
- The basic ethics and theory involved in first aid practice.
- The measures need to be taken to effectively deal with issues concerning major or minor injury and illness.
- The most important management steps needed to be undertaken when dealing with potentially critical health conditions.
- Basic Health and safety knowledge are required when dealing with the condition of first aid situations.
- The principles, procedures and standard precautions need to be undertaken to control infection and its spread.
- You will master the knowledge of ‘Chain of Survival’.
- You will learn the skills a First Aider possesses and what limitations you should be aware of.
- How and when an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) should be used.
When you choose to do a first aid course with Diggerman Training, everything you need to know will be covered on the day of the course. In addition, when you confirm your first aid course booking, you will receive access to Diggerman Training’s first aid manual. This can be used for personal study and as a first aid reference. The manual forms part of the pre-course work, please read the resource before attending the course, there is no need to print it or bring it to your first aid course.
The Provide first aid course is competency based training and does not require any previous training and qualifications. Anyone can enrol in Diggerman Training’s Provide first aid course regardless of your level of experience.