Traffic Management RIIWHS302D - Implement traffic management plan
Why Diggerman Training?
Our point of difference here at Diggerman Training is that we are also a large earthmoving company, which operates all over Queensland. That basically means that we know the industry well, and are in touch with its needs within operators. Our extremely experienced trainers who have worked in the industry for many years will use this knowledge to train you to the highest standard.
This course is for persons required to read, interpret, and implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices in accordance with procedures set out in Transport and Main Roads Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Part 3.
This unit is appropriate for those working in supervisory roles.
The Traffic Management Implementation course consists of two parts: a theory component and practical component.
The theory component is delivered in a classroom environment using department-approved training resources and includes two simulated practical exercises conducted in a controlled environment.
These simulations enable participants to experience implementing different set up scenarios that they would not normally be exposed to in their current on-the-job role.
It is expected that this component of the course will be delivered to new industry entrants in a minimum of eight hours. This timeframe may be extended if additional training needs are identified during the course.
The practical component consists of a minimum of three on-the-job set ups relevant to the candidate’s current working situation.
Part one: We will issue you a Currency of Industry Practice to complete prior to enrolment. This form will help you gather evidence to demonstrate knowledge of Traffic Management Implementation procedures and three years on-the-job industry experience.
Part two: In-house renewal course, the program consists of one full day of face to face training.
Pre-requisites for RIIWHS302D – Implement traffic management plan Renewal
Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1 – Awareness. Certificate of Completion (online e-learning activity completed on Department of Transport & Main Roads website, costs do apply)
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 2 – Works Protection Methods. Certificate of Completion (online e-learning activity completed on Department of Transport & Main Roads website, costs do apply)
- Currency of Industry Practice (Third Party Reports x 2; TGS, toolbox, SWMS Risk Management Plan)
- QLD TMR Traffic Management Implementation Card
- Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan
Once successfully completing the program, including meeting the evidence requirements in the Currency of Industry Practice, the student will be awarded the following:
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan – Certificate of Currency (COC)
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes – Statement of Attainment
- Students will also receive a numbered TMR Traffic Management Implementation card, valid for three years from the date of the program completion.
Long Sleeve Hi-Visibility Shirt (or Long Sleeve Shirt with a Hi-Visibility Vest), Long Pants, Steel Cap Safety Boots, Hard Hat (Optional), Safety Glasses (Optional).
For more information:
A more detailed description and information can be found on the TMR website following the link: