RIIWHS302D - Implement traffic management plan
This course is for persons required to read, interpret, and implement traffic management plans and install/remove signs and devices in accordance with procedures set out in Transport and Main Roads Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) Part 3.
Our point of difference here at Diggerman Training is that we are also a large earthmoving company, which operates all over Queensland.
This means that we are part of the industry, in touch with its needs and trends.
Our extremely experienced trainers maintain their industry currency by also being part of the operational earthmoving teams.
They will use this knowledge to train you to the highest standard.
This unit is appropriate for those working in supervisory roles.
The Traffic Management Implementation course consists of two parts: a theory component and practical component.
The theory component is delivered in a classroom environment using department-approved training resources and includes two simulated practical exercises conducted in a controlled environment.
These simulations enable participants to experience implementing different set up scenarios that they would not normally be exposed to in their current on-the-job role.
It is expected that this component of the course will be delivered to new industry entrants in a minimum of eight hours. This timeframe may be extended if additional training needs are identified during the course.
The practical component consists of a minimum of three on-the-job set ups relevant to the candidate’s current working situation.
Part one: We will issue you a Currency of Industry Practice to complete prior to enrolment. This form will help you gather evidence to demonstrate knowledge of Traffic Management Implementation procedures and three years on-the-job industry experience.
Part two: In-house renewal course, the program consists of one full day of face to face training.
Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1 – Awareness. Certificate of Completion (online e-learning activity completed on Department of Transport & Main Roads website, costs do apply)
- Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 2 – Works Protection Methods. Certificate of Completion (online elearning activity completed on Department of Transport & Main Roads website, costs do apply)
- Currency of Industry Practice (Third Party Reports x 2; TGS, toolbox, SWMS Risk Management Plan)
- QLD TMR Traffic Management Implementation Card
- Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan
Once successfully completing the program, including meeting the evidence requirements in the Currency of
Industry Practice, the student will be awarded the following:
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan – Certificate of Currency (COC)
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes – Statement of Attainment
- Students will also receive a numbered TMR Traffic Management Implementation card, valid for three years from the date of the program completion.
Long Sleeve Hi-Visibility Shirt (or Long Sleeve Shirt with a Hi-Visibility Vest), Long Pants, Steel Cap Safety Boots, Hard Hat (Optional), Safety Glasses (Optional).
Training is conducted at either our main office (13 Junction Drive Coolum, Queensland 4573) or at our off-site large practical training area near Bli Bli.